Employer & Employee Responsibilities
Injured workers have responsibilities. Too many workers believe there is a benefit to workplace injuries and that a doctor’s note is a golden ticket to a paid, and very long, vacation.
This session walks your staff through how the WSIB accepts a claim for Health Care benefits but only offers Wage Replacement if their Employer is unable to provide safe and suitable modified work.
The Employee Must:
- Seek Medical Attention
- Participate in modified work
- Complete a Form 6
The Employer Must:
- Maintain their income
- Assist in their recovery
- Avoid income gaps
The point of the session is to show your staff - WE AREN’T DOING THIS TO YOU; WE ARE DOING THIS FOR YOU!
But in order to do so, the employee must participate and be productive within their restrictions.
Companies can also take our Employee Responsibilities – Obligations of the Injured Worker Seminar.
The topics covered include:
- Roles and Responsibilities of the WSIB
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Employer
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Injured Worker
- Obligation to Report
- Obligation to Participate in Modified work
- That is within your restrictions
- Will assist with work hardening
- Will maintain your income, with no wage gaps
- Obligation to seek healthcare at times that fit the needs of the company
- How the WSIB Protects the Injured Worker, BUT the worker does not have a golden ticket to a paid vacation.
- How Modified Work TRUMPS a Doctor’s Note saying you can stay off work
When I do this session I am looking for the angry worker who will yell and scream about how they will listen to the orders from their Doctor. I will remind them that they are free to do, but that it is unlikely they will receive a paycheque from either the WSIB or their Employer.